The centre function as 24- hour Crisis Management Centres to receive and provide necessary assistance to children in need of care and protection. As a 24 hours crisis management centre for Children, homeless children now how have a place where they can call it home. Besides food, hygiene facilities by means of bathing and change of clothing will be provided. Locker facilities is also available for individual child to keep their belonging.
The objectives of the centre are as follows:
- To provide 24 hour emergency services to children in need of care and protection.
- To provide shelter from the rain and cold night to homeless children living on the streets.
- To provide emergency shelter to runaway children.
- To keep the children off the street.
- To provide space for children to bath and a change of clothing.
- To provide primary health care such as first aid and also to monitor the children’s medication.
- To re- opportunities for education and develop their potential and talent.
- To wean these children away from the vulnerable situations by sustained interventions.
- To guide these children away from high risk and socially deviant behaviours.
- To enhance life-skills and reduce their vulnerabilities to exploitation.